Sunday, November 14, 2010

day 6 : books

Now, this should be my favorite blog post yet, but if you have not figured it out yet, I am 1. indecisive. & 2. have many favorites (or none.ha)

I can tell you that my favorite series from 2nd-5th grade was the Little House on the Prairie books by Laura Ingles Wilder. And from 6th-8th grade was the Fearless series by Francine Pascal. Then 8th-9th grade my favorite book was I Can't Tell You by Hilary Frank. & Harry Potter is another favorite series, though I am sad to say that I did not start reading them until my sophomore year in high school. I was so afraid to ruin the movies once they started coming out! I have read them all now. Then junior/senior year my favorite book was The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffeneger (I am sure most of you have read it) I suppose that is still my favorite, it had just been awhile since I read it.
One of my favorite authors is Henry Rollins, he writes short stories, my favorite is "124 Worlds" from Black Coffee Blues.
I also enjoy Dawn Powell & Jane Austen.


Currently I am reading (do not make fun of me for this) Hunt (#5 of the House of Night series) by P.C. & Kristin Cast. My roommate owns the first four books of the series, I thought the first two were lame, but it was so easy to read, a true guilty pleasure, so I kept reading, and the 4th became really interesting and when it ended I had to buy the 5th because it was left on sort of a cliffhanger. I only have about a chapter left of this. This series is basically Harry Potter but with vampires. & the main character is "accidentally" a slut. So if you want an easy to read, guilty pleasure, I would recommend this. It is even really cheap since it is a teen novel! I got mine from target for 7.99!

I am also reading I Wish to Inform You that Tomorrow We Will Be Killed with Our Families: Stories from Rwanda by Philip Gourevitch. It is a book for a class, though I am glad I am reading it, as gruesome as it is. I definitely recommend this. An eye opener.

do you have recommendations for me? I like a variety, so just through your favorites at me please.

have an enchanting day!
-katelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment